Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB HIGH POWER AMPLIFIER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce3390

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Which kind of substrate the designers use as PCB in RF power amplifier circuit?

I give a picture below

Re: PCB high power amplifier

From the picture you can't tell !. You need to measure the width of the 50 Ohm tracks and from that combined with the PCB thickness you can get the type of PCB used.

Yes, of course but I would want to have an idea, In L/S band for base station application I think that circuit size is roughly the same one for companies.

But for space application the circuit size is a problem, that implies high permittivity substrate for PCB in order to reduce the circuit size but I have no idea of materials commonly used.

Thank you

The circuit board you show is a RF amplifier for FM broadcast use, most likely it is normal FR4 but maybe some more expensive teflon based PCB. I would think FR4 though.

PCB high power amplifier

L/S Band Base station applications need to use high performance PCB materiel such as Rogers and Taconic etc.
These should be considered in such applications..
-Power Handling Capability..
-Dielectric Loss Coefficient
-Temperature Stability of the Dielectric Parameters
-Humidity Resistivity of the Materiel
-Plating and Processability of the PCB
-Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back