Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PCB gerber files simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

panos_papajohn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone ,

I just completed a PCB design and I would like some help verifying my gerber files before sending them to the manufacturer.
Untitled.png
I used Eagle for the designing and Gerbv for the simulation. I can't see if there is any error in my design by looking at the .sol
and .cmp files. Is there any other way? I attached my files on the rar file.

Thanks in advance
Panos

Attachments

• UC864E.rar
    152 KB · Views: 73

I have opened the files with free edition of GC-prevue (**broken link removed**)
The copper layer seems to me messed up, it looks like
pcb_sol.gif

Alex

Apparently, you didn't manage to setup the layer output correctly. Solder mask and silkscreen layers are O.K., but *.cmp and *.sol signal mayers are messed up.

...I can't see if there is any error in my design by looking at the .sol
and .cmp files...Is there any other way?

Most PCB design CAD softwares have DRC tools wich allow to detect manufacuring rules violations.
Had you performed that verification ?

+++

I checked for errors using Viewplot and I didnt have any. Now its better right?Untitled.png

In the attached file of the first post the .sol and .cmp were exactly the same and they both contained both layers merged.
Now in your picture the .cmp and .sol are shown correctly and each one represents a different layer.

Alex

I found my mistake. When I generated the gerb274x files I had the bottom layer both at the .sol and the .cmp files thats why the first image was like that.

Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back