Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PCB fabrication Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjeevan007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all,

i am new to PCB designing, i want to know which are the file that should to be given to manufacture to make the PCB of my designed.

and also u want which are the file that are created when i work with PCB designing tool like Orcad or Eagle........

i also want know from which file i can start the PCB designing and necessity of each file.......

like in keil we are starting with .asm or .c file and then we are creating a .hex file which is burnt in to microcontroller...............

please can anyone tell me the flow

regards
jeevan

You need to generate Gerber files and Excellon drill files for manufacturing PCBs.

Keith

How to get started with the PCB designing tool and

please can u explain what are these gerber files and excellon drill files

how they are get generated.........

i am new please help me getting things clear......

The precise method of generating Gerber & Excellon files depends on the software. If you have some specific software you are using (such as Eagle) then I suggest you work through the tutorials which will take you through the various stages of the PCB design process including generating the Gerbers.

Specifically about generating the Gerbers - simply search for it. Tpetar has already given a good example https://hackaday.com/2009/01/15/how-to-prepare-your-eagle-designs-for-manufacture/

Keith

please can u give some links for tutorial of eagle or orcad..........

i am beginner help me to get started........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back