Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Etchent question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrojosh86

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not sure if in the right section but...

I recently made the jump from perf (vero) board and decided to etch my own boards via toner transfer and using murialtic acid and hydrogen peroxide and lets say that the first board I made came out great! But then I go to etch another board and instead of etching fast like the first board it doesnt etch at all and I mean I left it in there for hours and nothing. The bath is transparent green and as I read is normal. Now the time frame since my first board and this board was a week and I did store the etchent in a covered tupperware container. I was wondering if it was due to the fact that there was a build up of water weakening the etchent. Could an airpump, say from a cheap fish tank pump, reactivate it and get it up and running again. I did read that you can add peroxide but then again that adds water so I am not sure. I also hear that a little bit of salt gets things going again. Also, how do you evaperate the water out of the acid? Just leave it sitting there with the container open?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back