Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC-to-uC via USB - schematics needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laplace

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pc to uc communication

Has anyone got the schematics and/or design materials for PC-to-uC communication via USB instead of RS-232?

Thanks...

Re: PC-to-uC via USB?

hi

if you mean PC in USB a and uc connected in RS232 (not in USB native) take a look here

**broken link removed**

You have two choose :
* The first,you use a uC that integrated USB interface ,i know that some firm Texas,Phillip has uC have USB ,that uC compatible with xx51 product line,you must have compiler such as Keil C v7.0 and uVision to program for this chip.
* The second you buy a USB interface chip ,such USBNxxx of Philip and use data sheet and program for this chip and can communicate with PC by USB.
Good luck !

Microchip do two PIC's with USB, 16C745 and 16C765. Elektor recently (November 2003 I think) did a project using the 16C765. The hardware is trivial and software is readily available.

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

pisoiu said:
u can also take a look at PL2303 , www.prolific.com.tw ...lots of usb devices there

Is there a way of getting a duzens of this devices, without having to buy 1000 ???

thanks

asena

asena,
:) maybe even 1000 is a small qty..indeed this is a problem , but you can search for distribuitors, or ask them for samples...

Indeed i asked for samples, but got no answer so far. :(

I think you have to bug them with 1000's email and fax, so you can get attention.

Anyway, this is a good substitute for the FTDI or others, because they dont need any Virtual COM Port drivers. IMHO

asena

Anyone has the Elektor article using the 16C745 and 16C765 - mentioned above ?

Thanks.

sam_pr said:
Anyone has the Elektor article using the 16C745 and 16C765 - mentioned above ?
Hopefully this is the article you want:

sztibi82 said:
I am making thins:
h**p://home.t-online.de/home/holger.klabunde/usb/usbpic.htm
Is the one (PIC16C745 or PIC16C765) shown in your website reprogrammable?

Anyway, this is a good substitute for the FTDI or others, because they dont need any Virtual COM Port drivers.
The Virtual Com Port driver is not mandatory for FTDI chips. You can use their API (embedded on dll) instead, that's what I did. If you want to buy few pieces of FT2232C I can sell them to you, look here:
**broken link removed**

PC-to-uC via USB?

Look at TI's TUSB3410 and their UARTEVM schematic - has everything ready to go for you, PC and uC side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back