Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC SMPS for audio amplifier power !

Status
Not open for further replies.

puviarasu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smps for audio amplifier

Can we use SMPS power supply used in personal computer for powering audio amplifier circuit :idea: , any one has tried this :?: , what are the problems faced in this :cry: .....

smps for audio

1st, ths PC PS has a number of fixed voltages and generally, only the 5V supply is a high power one.
2ndly, thre are +/-12V or +/-15V symetric supplies but they are low power supplies (low current)
3rd you must decide what is the power you want for your amplifier (grosso modo P=U*I) .Generally they use symetric last stages, that means you must use a symetric to ground PS and the conclusion is only the 12/15V outputs fit your need.
There are more thoughs, about efficiency and high frequency noise but 1st you must decide, based on paragraph 3 and 2 if the PS satisfies you and we ll maybe continue this discussion.

pc smps amplifier

Hi zolam, I know about the power ratings mainly 3.3v and 5 v will have large current rating and +12v around 4A and -12v mealy 500mA so i cannot use any amp which uses dual power. So only i can use 5v or 12v for powering the amp. Now my concern is about the noise produced by the power supply on amplifier and the transient response of the supply on variable load of the amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back