Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC parallel port for taking digital inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

theflyingmachine

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: PC parallel port

I have to use parallel port for taking digital inputs. I need eight inputs. I am able to take five inputs from the status port. I know that the data pins (pin 2-9) are bidirectional in nature but I am unable to use them for input. I tried t ogive output through these pins and it worked but I could not take input. I have configured my parallel port as ECP/EPP in bios and I am using MATLAB7 for this purpose.
Thanks.

Added after 10 minutes:

I wanted to know that how do i configure those data pins as input pins ?

PC parallel port

**broken link removed**

i hope that link will help U

Re: PC parallel port

theflyingmachine said:
I have to use parallel port for taking digital inputs. I need eight inputs. I am able to take five inputs from the status port. I know that the data pins (pin 2-9) are bidirectional in nature but I am unable to use them for input. I tried t ogive output through these pins and it worked but I could not take input. I have configured my parallel port as ECP/EPP in bios and I am using MATLAB7 for this purpose.
Thanks.

Added after 10 minutes:

I wanted to know that how do i configure those data pins as input pins ?

use some octal buffer ICs to make eight bit input into two four bit input and then ur 4pin status input can acquire one bye one.it will solve ur problem for eight bit data input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back