Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Patch and Omnidirectional antenna for 5.8Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxyfx

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

for the past few days I've been trying to find some resources over the net about calculating and building antennas for 5.8Ghz.

I require 1 antenna for transmitting - this should be a whip/rubber duct type omnidirectional.

On the receiving side I need a somewhat directional antenna like a square patch possibly circular polarized. This could be a PCB patch or withair dielectric. Preferable however is the PCB since it is easier to build.

The impedance for both is 50 Ohm.

I found several theoretical white papers and calculations - but these are all theoretic, nothing practical on the building or construction side.

Could anybody please point me to the right direction for calculator which would give me the size of the planes, thickness of the dielectric in function of the frequency.

Thank you,
Ox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back