Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Passive low pass filter using only inductors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any way to create a passive low pass filter for audio using only inductors (including their cores of course), not capacitors or other devices?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way to create a passive low pass filter for audio using only inductors (including their cores of course), not capacitors or other devices?

All right, I have just realized that a single coil in series can cut-off higher frequencies and leave only audio. This is not sharp but the audio and MHz range of frequencies is too far appart.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Depending on the load resistance a single series L will have any -3dB LP cut-off frequency ; but for a LR filter the fall-off tempo will always be 20 dB / decade. For faster cut-off fall-off you need ti increase the order of the filter ; via multiple L an C components

Status
Not open for further replies.