Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Partial Derivatives with many variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky6969b

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I have, say 10 variables, which comes from data captures, I want to
approximate a function for it, if I take partial derivative of this function,
will this be very difficult to handle or just as difficult as 2 or 3 variables partial derivatives?
Thanks
Jack (Math Noob)

Depends. Do you have a good calculator, or access to matlab?

wassabi said:
Depends. Do you have a good calculator, or access to matlab?

:D can't afford one (matlab).
I have vs2008 though
Jack

Hello,
Our company requires to have some stationed application to generate/approximate a function of about 6 variables (more or less) periodically. So I think we better build a program using C++ rather than using matlab on a trial basis as it requires a license in a commercial environment..... :). BTW, are there any good books to recommend?

Let me introduce my problem scenario, firstly, this is a logistics simulation problem
a) We need to establish a function with many variables such as type of goods,
quantity and time received etc
b) The data derives from data captures from the real site.
c) Not too sure whether to use one variable with up to 6 degrees or 6 variables for each entity in the approximation
d) we want to predict the flow of goods based on this function generated.

What are your opinions?

Thanks
Jack

Can't help ya much there.

When I don't have a calculator or matlab available, I used to use a integration/derivative lookup book. It's been so long I can't remember the name, but what the book had was page after page of complex polynomial equations and their equivalent simplified form. Making it easy to work with by hand ... or code.

More recently I have been using a website called wolframalpha more and more. Simplifies polynomials and runs complex math in a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back