Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Part identification HELP!! - IRL2203N power mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceguy77

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mosfet identification

Hello,

I just broke 12V-220V inverter by powering to the 220V outlet. It smoked and spartked. I opened inverter and found out one array of two IRL2203N MOSFET arrays to be exploded or burned.

Now I replaced those broken 8 MOSFETs with the same parts, but in the meanwhile I broke the connected small chip by the pliers while detaching the solded broken FETs.

As you see in the pictures attached, the part which I want to identify, buy, and replace is the one shaped black square located next to the IRL2203N + resistor. You will notice that each IRL2203N has one resistor and one black box respectively.

Pls advise me about the identification of the black box shaped chip and any other helpful information I should concern on this terrible situation i'm facing. (If I can't fix this inverter I have to pay it, 'cause it belonged to my client, even though I didn't get any profit by selling it but my boss got :( )

Thank you in advance. Have a excellent day !!
Niceguy77

mosfet irl2203n

Y5p and Y18 ... this page may help you:
**broken link removed**

If you can identify the make and model number of the whole converter, someone may have a schematic or other info.

echo47 said:
**broken link removed**

If you can identify the make and model number of the whole converter, someone may have a schematic or other info.

Thank you so much , Echo47!! It really helped me!!

I requested the quote and will order asap. But until now not sure if it will work fine or not. Will let you know.

Your question: Solar Energy Austrailia, model: SEAP-12-850 BOLERO

Thank you.
Niceguy77

niceguy77 said:
echo47 said:
**broken link removed**

Thank you so much , Echo47!! It really helped me!!

I requested the quote and will order asap. But until now not sure if it will work fine or not. Will let you know.

Your question: Solar Energy Austrailia, model: SEAP-12-850 BOLERO

Thank you.
Niceguy77

Echo47~! I really fixed it~! thank so much again!

One more question : But the cooling fan doesn't work. Do you have any idea? Many thanks in advance.

Good job!

Dead fan? I assume you tested the fan and found it healthy, but it's not receiving the required voltage from the converter circuity. It's difficult guess how to troubleshoot the fan circuit without seeing a schematic. Does the fan connect to some sort of controller chip? Maybe the fan isn't suppose to run until the converter warms up.

echo47 said:
Good job!

Dead fan? I assume you tested the fan and found it healthy, but it's not receiving the required voltage from the converter circuity. It's difficult guess how to troubleshoot the fan circuit without seeing a schematic. Does the fan connect to some sort of controller chip? Maybe the fan isn't suppose to run until the converter warms up.

Thanks again, Echo47!

Maybe I need to blow the hairdryer on a certain part of the circuit board? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.