Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

part didn't recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.

huys cobb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai all

As newbies,I had problem to find the values of some unusual components right now.
Get confuse which one from books.
Since didn't had RLC,I decide to post here.
Could someone gave me the comments?

1.Resistor or Inductor

Is that inductor??
How's to calculated the value?

2.Inductor value??

[/img]

Thank's
Huys Cobb

hi
as far as i can see , the first pic contains both resistor (red coloured) and inductors (green coloured)
the second pic contains inductors only ( L)
the third pic contains resistors but not very sure of that , hope this could help u
cheers

Thank's Sawwa

I just measure the picture 1.
I think the red wasn't the resistor cause the VOM didn't moving.
Same as the green.

Is the picture 3 was resistor from the past?

How to find the values basically from ring colours?

Thank you
Huys

huys cobb said:
Thank's Sawwa

I just measure the picture 1.
I think the red wasn't the resistor cause the VOM didn't moving.
Same as the green.

Is the picture 3 was resistor from the past?

How to find the values basically from ring colours?

Thank you
Huys

hi huys
u have to use the VOM on a resistance range to measure them in Ohms and u have to choose the right range , if the resistore is in Kohms , then u have to choose the range of Koms on ur VOM otherwise it'll not read anything at all.
if this was the case and the VOM didn't move at all using the highest Ohm Range as Mega Ohms , then the resistore is either Open or it's not a resistore and may be it's a capacitor .
in Picture 3 , yes i've seen such a resistore in an old circuits scraped from a phone box , the value of them were written on the body of the resistor .
to find the values basically from ring colours , i've included here a very small nice program that can help u calculating the resistor values using the colour code and this code is as follow :
first ring is the first digit
second ring is the second digit
third ring is the multiplier ( number of zeros to be added to the right of this digits or simply the power of ten u have to multiply the first two digits by)
the fourth ring is the accurcy ring , that means the value of the resistor should be withing ther range of +or - (5% for gold or 10% of silver)
u can find a simple book in basic electronics that could help u understand those things easily and if u want i can upload one for u or just google it and u will find many websites that introduce a basic electronics course for free .
i'll find u some sites and will post them later as i'm so busy right now
Kind Regards

Thank you very much for your help.

I was measured it with all range Resistance.
The value with Digital didn't appears.
and with needle VOM didn't moved.
(picture 1).
I guess that all were L or C.

Thank's
Huys

NB:
Your picture like my father when he was kid.

huys cobb said:
I was measured it with all range Resistance.
The value with Digital didn't appears.
and with needle VOM didn't moved.
(picture 1).
I guess that all were L or C.

hi huys
if u can't read anything with ur VOM , then it's not an L cause L shoud read a low resistance otherwise it's an open inductor , so i guess they are all Capacitors (C)
by the way it's not my picture , it's for my youngest kid :)
Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back