Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel programming of SST89E516RD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadafsanaulla

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to program SST89E516RD2 chip by using ATMEGA324PA so I want some help abt how to do it and how will be the connections

As far as I can see both of the devices are 8 bit microcontrollers...
You're trying to program the PIC with the AVR ?

Yes because the boot loader of sst89e516rd2 chip has got erased so it is not getting detected in EasyIAP which is flash utility program for sst chips. Now i want to load my own boot block for sst chip through atmega324pa. So anybody has idea about how to do this.?

- - - Updated - - -

No sst89e516rd2 is not the PIc it is 8051 MCU only and it is same like P89V51RD2.

Are you able to see your device in the JTAG scan of your tool?

No JTAG available with the chip as far as I see.

There's a programming specification available from Microchip https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/25094A.pdf
Any specific questions related to the document?

Personally I think, using an industry standard parallel programmer is the straightforward way to access the flash. But designing your own programmer is possibly of course.

Good luck.

I was asking about the JTAG to know whether the device even responds to the flash programmer...why does the OP assume that the "boot loader has been deleted". Perhaps the device is damaged electrically...

why does the OP assume that the "boot loader has been deleted". Perhaps the device is damaged electrically...
The processor has the option to erase or rewrite the boot block. Maybe he knows that he did. I agree that there are other possible explanations.

No JTAG available with the chip as far as I see.

There's a programming specification available from Microchip https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/25094A.pdf
Any specific questions related to the document?

Personally I think, using an industry standard parallel programmer is the straightforward way to access the flash. But designing your own programmer is possibly of course.

Good luck.

ok now i have designed the programmer circuit using atmega644pa chip like given in the pdf you mentioned above. To test this circuit i downloaded working bootloader code in atmega chip but it is not behaving as expected while same code is working fine with other boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.