Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port interfacing in vb.net 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan_jii

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parallel port interfacing in vb.net

i am doing my term project and i need help

please tell me

1) how to send voltage spikes on parallel port in vb.net 2005

2) how to take input in vb.net 2005 from parallel port

thank u all

if wana to send me any file or notes it will be a pleasure for me

my email ID is shan_jii@yahoo.com

port interfacing in vb.net

I believe you need to find a dll file that will allow you to do PORT IO on an XP (or 2000) system. You then need to use DllImport() (from the System namespace? I'm not sure, look it up) to be able to use the dll functions. I haven't done this for a couple of years so I could be mistaken. Google DllImport and .net and visual basic to find some stuff on it. I don't remember it being too hard to do.

Microsoft only shows you how to open the Serial and Parallel ports as files to read and write to. It does not allow access to the Status Port and Control Ports bits. It also requires that you still interface to a dll, namely the kernel32.dll. There is a reason people write low-level IO code that changes permission mappings to allow port IO at the bit level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back