Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

paper/coin money reader interface to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicksights

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
philippine peso bill acceptors how to interface

guys,

im developing a simple POS system. more like a vending machine retail shop

do you guys, know where to buy a paper/coin money reader
that i can connect to my application interface. Im still checking
out if it will be cheaper to buy a module for the application interface
or design it myself.

im also considering about smart card as an alternate means of payment
but that's for future improvements.

best regards,
mark

philippine coin acceptor

Designing a RELIABLE bill/coin acceptor is not a simple task. You're dealing with the REAL MONEY, remember ! Especially as you can buy a good coin acceptor for ca. 100 EUR. Most of them can be programmed for different coins by the user. Bill acceptors start from 150 EUR and usually must be ordered for a certain country money type. Google for "coin acceptor" and "bill acceptor" for more details...

- Deni

is there a paper coin

I spent 20 years working in the currency validation industry. Coin acceptors and bill acceptors are seperate units, so you will need one of each if you want to accept
both coins and bills. You do not state where you are located or what type of currency
you want to accept so providing a source is difficult. If you are in the USA try EBAY.
If you see something you like check back here before you buy for advice, because sometimes people will try to sell obselete units or old junk. I can also advise you of
how the interfaces work on different units.

Good Luck

Bruce

brevor thanks for your reply

i am located in the philippines, and my application is retail kiosk
is there a bill acceptor/validator that can be programmed to accept
philippine peso

can you point me to a vendor/distributor for this

my boss ask me to built a simple kiosk system similar to japanese noodle shops
in where there is a vending machine with pictures of noodles as selection
after payment, you get a receipt then take it to the counter to receive your noodles

regards

hello qucksights,

Any information if you found out where you we can buy this mechanisms here in the Philippines? I also need to know this info, I am currently working on a school project that entails the need for coin acceptors.

Thanks in advance.

allan,

there is not much vendor here in the phils. for these sort of item. mostly what's set up here for these item is their service personel.

there is cointech but its singapore based. a configured multi-coin acceptors for the
philippine peso was priced for me at 18k php . initially the project that i worked for
is a kiosk system for a noodle shop similar to what they have in japan or HK
but the plan was changed for a gsm based kiosk system

the best way to get these kind of item is through the net. there are lots.
just check.

best regards,
quicksights

Status
Not open for further replies.