Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PACE unable to assign pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

schouten_tjeerd

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to assign the pins for my Spartan 3E FPGA with PACE (ISE WebPack 10.1) But PACE doesn't pre-assgin any pins. The "Loc" field is blank for all fields. If I input a pin K13 in the Loc field, it displays the error: Invalid action: K13. All Loc fields contain a drop down list but the only thing I can select is Bank0-Bank3. That is hardly a pin number... PACE won't allow me to enter anyting in the "Bank" field next to the Loc field.

This effect is true for all online tutorials and example projects I can find, both before and after Synthesis. Also, the Pad Report shows pin numbers P1-P100 instead of the matrix-letter system. So now I am totally confused...

Added after 8 minutes:

Never mind, I found the problem.

It seems it only takes pin assignments P1-P100 in the Loc field anyway, and then the Bank field is automatically filled in. The ucf file is updated correctly by PACE now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back