Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P-Cell installation(FreePDK45)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed589

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to make this instructions work (https://www.eda.ncsu.edu/wiki/FreePDK45:Using_P-Cells)
I am having some difficulties along the way, it would be of great help if you could point me to the right direction!

I have tried to follow the instructions in the web site. I did not quite understood the step 2 and 3.
"add the Python path to the first line of each script in this directory" - I amnot sure which python path is this. Is this $PDK_DIR/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/bin ? And after trying a while, it seemed have created a "bin" folder : $PDK_DIR/ncsu_basekit/gentech/bin and copied all *.py files here.

While updating the icoa_setup.csh, I have found that, I also needed to source the setup.csh file as well, otherwise the NCSU_TechLib_FreePDK45 or NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45 library do not load in virtuoso.

Finally, when I run the command gentech.py -log gen.log from $PDK_DIR/ncsu_basekit/gentech, I am getting the following error:
/home/class/ahmed589/NCSU-FreePDK45-1.4/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/bin/gentech.py: Permission denied

Probably because: the first line of the gentech.py is not an executable file, rather a folder
(#!/home/class/ahmed589/NCSU-FreePDK45-1.4/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/src/py/)

if the line is changed to
#!/home/class/ahmed589/NCSU-FreePDK45-1.4/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/src/py/gentech.py
then the following error message is found:

import: Command not found.
Badly placed ()'s.

May be the following info would be helpful:

Operating system: Linux 2.6.32-573.3.1.el6.x86_64
virtuoso version 6.1.5

oaGetVersion : 22.41.004

Pycell studio version : 2014.09-L4 of PyCell Studio.

PyCell Studio build with Python version: 2.6.2 (r262:71600, Apr 7 2011, 14:30:04)
[GCC 4.4.3]

I would be eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance for your time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back