Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

overcurrent protection in IPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed4444

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo,
I am working with 6mbp15rh060 IPM form Fuji, and i am implement 3 phase inverter and it gives good output waveforms on Vdc=12v. but i noted that when DC current increase more than 1 amper the output alarm is ON. I think it is for overcurrent protection, but in datasheet this device can withstand up to 15A, why? and if it for overcurret how can we adjust The limit level for overcurrent protection (as in attached application note 4.9)?
View attachment REH983a.pdf

Attachments

• REH983a_04.pdf
    341.1 KB · Views: 82

I dont understand the data sheet is the OC alarm output goes 1 when collector current reach 27A?(when N1 and N2 open) if so why my circuit gives alarm when it reach 1A?
pls help Thx for advance
Data sheet=> View attachment 6MBP15RH060.pdf

1-what is your Vcc voltage of logic section?
2-what is your optos?
3-Did you put proper snubber Cap on module dc link?
4-how much is the dead time?
5-how did you make high side supplies and what is the capacitor for high side drivers?
6-what is your load during the test?

hi
1- Vcc=15v
2- Opto-couplers= 6n136
3- i don't use snubber cap
4- dead time= 2.5usec
5- i connect VDC=12v to P-N2 terminal with capacitor 2*1uf series=0.5uF
6- the load is 3*1k ohm stare connected

Is snubber circuit affect on the max current?

Hallo
really i need some help on this problem i try to find any technical support for the Fuji devices but didn't. can any one tell me what can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back