Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Outputmatch of LNA (Convert differential output to single output without using balun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eason.RFIC

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys :
I design a LNA with a differential output , but when tapeout , i want to measure the LNA individually ,so i want to convert the output node into a single output , but i don't want to use a balun ,i want use a circuit to achieve the convert . Anyone has some advise for me to design a circuit convert the differential output to a single output ! thanks

Hi,

which frequency and can you post your output stage?

Best regards

A carefully designed differential pair with buffer output stage will convert your diff. signal to single ended.

Thanks , now ,i design a buffer and then follow balun to achieve the convert ,but i don't know how to achieve this only by a buffer ,BigBoss, can you send my some papers about how to use a buffer to conver diff.sinal to single ended without balun ?
A carefully designed differential pair with buffer output stage will convert your diff. signal to single ended.

- - - Updated - - -

This circuit works at 45GHz , the schematic may be not clear , the circuit is just a differential input and differential output LNA .My target is to achieve a 50ohm single output match , now i can achieve this by using a balun ,but the balun has some loss ,so i want to achieve a single output without balun ,thanks
Hi,

which frequency and can you post your output stage?

Best regards

You can use a hybird to achieve this. You can calculate the phases and then you can get single output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back