Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output VHS connector doesn't fit my VHS male output!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metals

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

First of all I dont know where this thread should be so if an admin/mod want to move it you welcome =)

I bought an usb video&audio grabber similar to the one on the picture but my problem is that the yellow connector, which is suppose to be the video input female, composite(RCA) doesnt fit my VHS output male.

I find it very strange but what can I do now?

thank u!
14425_3859.jpg

Re: Output VHS connector

Which connector do you mean, a S-Video 4 pin Mini-DIN plug S-Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, or something different?

P.S.: The grabber should already have a S-Video jack, so I guess you mean an old-fashioned 5-pin 180° DIN connector. It don't remember the pinout, I think you have to connect only composite video and ground. If you own some antique equipment, don't you have an adapter cable for it?

Last edited:

the yellow connector, which is suppose to be the video input female, composite(RCA) doesnt fit my VHS output male.

The yellow female in your picture is an RCA , doesn't your VHS have a male RCA for the composite?
What kind of plug does your VHS have?

Alex

Thats right. My VHS have a male RCA, and the one on the Video-grabber is a female RCA.

But somehow they dont fit together. And that is the problem.

sometimes there is slight difference in the sizes but if you push and rotate it it should fit.
Doe the center pin fit at all in the female plug or you have a problem with the diameter?

Alex

Doe the center pin fit at all in the female plug or you have a problem with the diameter?

I dont know because it seems like they booth have the same diameter and therefore I can not get the video-grabber pin into the VHS pin.

I still dont know what to do =(

There are no RCA plugs with slightly different dimensions. Either the plug is broken or it's a completely different connctor type. In bot cases, you may want to solder a new plug to the cable.

We can't help any further, you say that they are a female RCA and a male RCA but they dont fit each other, I have seen some cases that the male fits very tight in the female and it needs some force but I have no idea if there is some other problem in yout case.

Alex

Am I even connecting the correct female RCA to the correct video output?
The yellow (it says video on it) to the lower output on the video. (there is only two).
DSC02713.JPGDSC02718.JPG

Did you notice the text "SORTIE ANTENNE" and "RF.OUT". This in fact clarifies, why the connector doesn't match. It's a modulated RF output. The video output has to be interfaced on the Scart connector beneath, using an adaptor.

Yes the plugs are not RCA and the signal is not a composite output either.

You have to use an adapter like this to get the composite signal from the scart
scart2.jpg

You will also need male to male cables because both your usb cable RCA and this adapter RCA have female plugs or maybe you can find a different adapter that outputs male RCA

Alex

Hm..

Then do you think that one of these could work as an adapter? Because I can't find a scart-adapter like the one alexan_e posted but with male outputs.
84-695_m.jpg84-657_l.jpg

Yes the left image that has a scart and the other side has three RCA and an Svideo would work fine

59219d1311434301t-84-695_m.jpg

Alex

okej so then it means that this will work to?
hq-scart-3xrcaaudio5m(103851)-Large.jpg

or do I ned the S-video connector to?

yes this works fine

Alex, the outputs are
left audio = black
right audio = red
composite video = yellow

Alex

Alright I have now bought a scart adapter but I can't make the video-grabbing work.

This is all I get

The plugs are correctly connected and the software is also installed correctly (thats what I think..)
So what can it possibly be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back