Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output not working on mixing console, turns on. Circuit board has sticky *looking* residue, but is hard to touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakscape

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is this normal? Looks Like liquid on circuit board for mixing console but it's not sticky or wet. It turns on but when i go to put in the mic jack and speaker jacks no sound comes through despite the devices working separately. Chords not faulty either. It's a Yamaha MG06x. I have a photo of the "sticky" looking stuff on the board but can't seem to upload!!
--- Updated ---

These are the pictures of the board!

Attachments

• PXL_20221207_184020402.jpg
    PXL_20221207_184020402.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 148
  • PXL_20221207_184027301.jpg
    PXL_20221207_184027301.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20221207_184037060.jpg
    PXL_20221207_184037060.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 138

I think that "stuff" is solder flux. Nothing to worry about, other than the fact that this is sloppy workmanship. Maybe there was a repair done?

Do you get no sound from either output? From all inputs mic and line? If so, it might be a power supply problem. Do you have the skill to debug this?

Mmm not that I know of haha like i could maybe learn but i don't really know where to go from here if there's nothing wrong with the circuit board. I don't know much at all about electronic engineering

Mmm not that I know of haha like i could maybe learn but i don't really know where to go from here if there's nothing wrong with the circuit board. I don't know much at all about electronic engineering
Also, yes sorry. I don't get any sound through the mixing console, the speakers work tho.

ok, so your speakers work and your mic works. That means your mixer is the problem. Since you don't know anything about electronics, it's going to be next to impossible for you to fix this (unless you feel like replacing parts one by one).

This is like me asking you "I don't know anything about cars, but mine won't start. What's wrong with it?"

Yeah, i got to the conclusion that the mixer was the problem. That's why i took it apart. I wanted to see if there was anything obvious on the circuit board that looked iffy. I saw the "stuff" and decided to ask about it. That's what this forum really was about. Since the "stuff" isn't abnormal, and there's no obvious signs of corrosion, and other things i looked up that could be bad on a circuit board are fine, i know it'll be taking it to an expert at this point. Thanks for answering my initial question! That's all i was looking for. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back