Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OTA noise simulation in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

borodenkov

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I've got a folded-cascode OTA with SC CMFB and wanted to look at its output noise. The clock sampling frequency is 64MHz, input signal bandwidth - 2MHz. I used PSS (beat freq 64MHz, 0 output harmonics) and PNOISE (1Hz-32MHz, maxsideband=30, no input noise source) for it.

The results that I am getting are quite suprising:

ota_noise.gif

The output noise is 6mV/sqrt(Hz) at 1Hz, then it quickly goes down. I plotted both x and y axis in log scale. There is a noise pole somewhere around 100kHz.

I would expected that there should be a folding point where the flicker noise is equal to thermal - but I can't see it.

Also 6mV/sqrt(Hz) at 1Hz seems to be too huge!

Has anyone got any ideas about it?

Also if I would like to calculate the total noise - until which frequency is reasonable (signal_bandwidth, signal_bandwidth*2, sampling_freq)?

Regards, Alex

Hi,

Isn't it 1/f noise that often generates unbounded noise value at low frequency ?

CTT

I also have the unreasonable huge fliker noise at low frequency, while using spectre pnoise analysis. Had the issue been solved so far?? 8O

I guess that Spectre just use some sort of formula to calculate this 1/f noise and then get some unreasonable value. But I am not very sure. Can anybody give a clear answer?

does the model is right for noise?
please contact the foundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.