Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Oscilloscope Using Microphone in PROTEUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulsetronics

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Guys, Please am trying to measure Frequency from Real World using the Audio jack of my Laptop as input signals for Proteus MicroPhone to be fed to the oscilloscope on Virtual Instrument.

I really wants to know if I can measure both AC and DC Frequency with it.

Secondly will it Damage my Laptop?

Thirdly, Please suggest me a better Idea. Thank you Guys

I have no idea if that can be done with Proteus ,but their are software which can be used to do this kind of job..
One of them is http://www.zelscope.com/
The interface which can be used is given on their site... or here http://xoscope.sourceforge.net/hardware/hardware.html

But their is a big problem doing this ,the audio interface circuit of your computer an ADC have a coupling capacitor at the input stage which will indeed change the shape for the wave which you are trying the capture,except for audio waves.For example a square wave will show something else in these kind of oscilloscope.Another thing the frequency you can measure is limited in the range of audio approx (20Hz to 20KHz).

Good Luck

I wonder what a "DC frequency" is meaned to be?

The audio input can be expected to use AC coupling with e.g. 20 Hz cut-off frequency. So you'll see 0 signal when applying DC voltage to it.

Take care that you restrict the input signal to usual audio levels if not otherwise specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.