[SOLVED] Oscillator problem in flash programming AT89c5131 via flip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon026

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my AT89c5131 is being properly detected by FLIP via usb , after applying hardware conditions via board ... but this is only when 8Mhz oscillator is used in the circuit

when i replace 8Mhz by 11.0592Mhz , the microcontroller is not detected after applying hardware conditions.

whenever i need my board to be detected i have to insert 8Mhz, and then after programming flash, if i replace oscillator with 11.0592Mhz then it works fine n according to 11.592Mhz.

The problem is in detection when oscillator is not 8Mhz ... so what to do ?

thanks ud23 for ur reply,
actually i have 2 issues, one is that the circuit board (having AT89C5131) is detected by flip software via usb only if i use 8Mhz oscillator . why is it so ?

2nd issue is that if i have to use 8Mhz then how to deal with baud rate? because at 8Mhz baud rate error percentage is quite high. i m using mode1 (8 bit-uart with variable baud rate).

it is the issue of flip software as it worked on 16Mhz , and it uses 3 oscilator options for burning i.e. 8,16,32 ....
thats y it was not working on other oscilators. . btw thank ud23

Status
Not open for further replies.