Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ORCAD Problems with minimize connections function

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhennink

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
minimize connections in orcad does not work

Hi I am an Orcad layout user and software varsion we are using is 10.3
I found quite some problems in orcad olready and some of them I found a workaround for.
One of the big problems I have trouble with is that the "minimize connections" funtions in the AUTO menu does not work quite often.
For example: I have 3V3 supply signals on the board and I want to rout them on a seperate powesuppy layer ( Where also all the other supply coltages are to be routed) I try to route them in a sensible way taking the airline to a point that I want. (This is not always the direction orcad tels me to go to:)) Now sometimes the airline changes to the new connection point when I get into the neighbourhood of that connection. Other times I hade to manually click on minimize connections and this happens. Other times I need to put in Free via's close to echa other to acchieve this.(workaround) But a lot of times even this does not fix the airline to the desired location even id the free via's are only a few mills appart:S NB: all traces are of equall width.

How can I sove this problem? I want to finish the board withou unconnected pins and with a normal diserable routing pattern :)

Thanks in advance

orcad do not minimize

Hello!
I have the same problem with "Auto" menu (autorouting fonctionnalities are disabled) and I dont understand why...
And the same problems with vias.
If you found a solution for your problem can you explain me please?

Thank you.

orcad layout minimize not work

if you rename the net with other name that VCC (or something witch contain VCC) the minimize command will work. I believe that VCC nets are somehow treated different. this solution works for me in Layout Plus, when the VCC stop respond to the minimize command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back