Orcad Layout 10. How do you make few times the same board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gidimiz

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad panelization

Hi,

I have a small board design that i made, and i want to copy it few times on the same layout, so when i print the layer, i will have the same board few times.
In this way, i can make the same board few times with out going trough the hole proccess and losing valuable board.

Please advise.

copy paste orcad layout

I don't know about Orcad, but in Cadstar I can copy & paste, although it will only allow 1 board outline, so I have to copy the bard outline & make a figure instead for extra copies.

It does have some drawbacks, like auto incrementing component names, but if your only after the copper then it's not a problem.

Normally though I would create Gerber files & use a gerber editing program to copy/paste into a panel for multiple copies of the same board.

Etching them at home, if you make a big panel you can often lsoe more than doing them indiviually.

gidimiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to copy and paste in orcad

Hi,

Thanks for the info, even though i know of this way. I just thought there is a way that i can do it stright from the Layout...
As you said, i also can copy the copper, but when i copy the silk im getting diffrent name.
Will do it from the Gerber program.
Thanks...

make a copy orcad layout

What you want to do is called panelization.

Try this utility:

**broken link removed**

I don't know how good it is. Let us know if it worked for you.

Also Orcad may come with a Utility called Gerb Tool. This can be used for panelization. Check Orcad Layout menu.

You could also purchase a commercial gerber editing tool.

gidimiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…