Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

orcad file to cadstar file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Ricky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pads translator allegro

Hi all,

I want to convert a .max file from Orcad to .cpa file of Cadstar, can anybody help me out?

Thanks and Regards,

Ricky

cadstar to orcad

The reverse direction is supported by Orcad Layoutplus, you should ask Zuken, if they can do similar, most likely not.

Generally a translation would start with exporting a MAX ASCII format at Orcad side. An isue in layout data translation can be in the different representation of routed connections, they may either use a star toplogy (most common) or multiple point-to-point (has been the traditional Cadstar approach, a least with previous versions).

orcad translator cadstar

Cadence says in their CADSTAR 10 brochure:
PCB, Library and Schematic Translators
CADSTAR accepts designs and libraries from Cadence, Allegro
and Orcad, Mentor Graphics PADS, Altium Protel and P-CAD.

orcad to cadstar conversion

but how could i translate the design file other than cadstar to cadstar files

cadstar

Well... it appears you are stuck unless you can find someone with the utility sold by LogicSwap that is supposed to convert from Orcad MAX to Cadstar CPA.

Cadstar 10 is supposed to do that translation, but it doesn't seem to work. A friend and I spent all afternoon trying various combinations, but nothing worked. It seems that Zuken wants you to spend another $2K-$3K for a converter from their "partner" LogicSwap.

I am able to translate an Orcad Max file into Pads, PCAD, and Altium. I just can't find a way to get to Cadstar - their builtin translator only seems to work on very old ASCII formats.

cadstar cpa file

Yes I also think so
anyways thanks for all you posts.
I will try to find out some converter .
Thanks,

Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back