Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad 9.1 hierarchy error: unable to descend part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo234

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum but excluding that last 3 years have used Orcad since the DOS days. I started a new job last week and they have Orcad 9.1. Here's my problem I usually made FLAT Schematics with off page connectors. I have done some heirarcy designs in the past and know how they're supposed to work, any way I need to make one now, but everytime I place a heirarcy block and pins and ports I'm unable to descend. I get this Error Message: CAP0017 ------ Unable to Descend part.

I know I’m doing something wrong but can't think of what it is.

Thanks in Advance.

Added after 4 hours 21 minutes:

Nevermind. I figured it out.

hierarchy orcad

Hi Ringo234,

You may try to search a key word like "hierarchy" in the online documentations, which can be launched by clicking "windows start menu->programs->Orcad->online documents" . I'm sorry I forgot in which document you need to search. I'll tell you the details later.

follow the instruction in the Orcad online ducumentation, which can be laughch ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back