Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optocouplers for audio applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

xirix

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody experimented usual optocouplers in audio applications?
I'm considering direct transfer of audio signal through optocouplers, not special techniques (modulations).
I don't want to use special linear optocouplers.
Any suggestion will be wellcomed.
Thanks

General approach is to use two identical optocouplers. One in forward path, and one in feedback, Thus providing compensation for nonlineap amplitude response.

Hi,
You have 2 options:
1. as Moss said use 2 identical optocouplers (in same package)
2. use FM modulation for audio isolation.

The common way is to use the 1'st option. If you're searching on HP web site you'll find a good essay regarding optocoupler compensation for nonlinear amplitude response.

Hope this help,
//a

I think that for isolation of a baseband audio signal you don't have any other option than linear..
You not only need good frequency response but also amplitude .. and standard opto-couplers have been designed for DIOs, ie. 0 or 1.
Besides, linear optocouplers are not that expensive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back