Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optocoupler Current Transfer Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJBotha

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys

I am having some trouble understanding Current Transfer Ratio for optocouplers.
I have a simple application where I activate a single channel transistor-output optocoupler.

I provide the LED side of the opto with, say, 10mA and that enables to transistor for the outside user to detect that I have changed state.

Looking at the VOS671A from Vishay,
I can get the VOS617A-2X001T part and the VOS617A-X001T for the same price.

The one comes from the 50-600 CTR bin and the other from the 63-125 CTR bin.
How do I know which is the best for not only my use, but also versatile for future projects?

Thank you!

Hi,

i`d say the 50-600 CTR (no binning) is for switching purpose, where the exact CTR is not necessary.
And the 63-125 (binning) is for linear operation, where the output should vary linearely to input current. Here the CTR needs to be more precise.

Klaus

Hi,

i`d say the 50-600 CTR (no binning) is for switching purpose, where the exact CTR is not necessary.
And the 63-125 (binning) is for linear operation, where the output should vary linearely to input current. Here the CTR needs to be more precise.

Klaus

Thank you.
I want to use it as a switch, so I will go for the no-binning.
AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back