Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opto circuit for heating purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhavpawar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using heater circuit for bio-medical application ( to achieve 37 degree Celsius for blood samples ). I am using opto-isolator P781F to isolate control circuit ( Micro-controller I/O pins - H1G shown in schematic) and heater.

Link for opto datasheet:
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/90914.pdf

My schematic is as shown below:
Heater.png

H1G= I/O pin from LPC2138 controller
Heater = 12V,23 Ohms Silicon Heater

But, I am little worried as I have connected controller I/O pin directly to cathode of LED of opto. So, is there any loading issue I can face, what parameter will come in picture to check I/O pin source/sink capacity with OPTO pin.

Will this cause any loading or impedance problem? Do I need any buffer circuitry from controller I/O to opto circuit.

Thank you in advance.

for the circuit attavhed , the lpc controller have to sink 10mA approx.

if you can put a buffer in between it is good.

Most microcontroller will sink 10 MA of current, but I like to add a simple NPN transistor buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back