Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optimisation in Ansoft Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a question. I was trying to use the Optimetrics on the patch antenna design. I created local variables for things I want to change in parametric solution. Default values are set for the original design, but in the parametric solution I changed the starting values ("override" box and putting new values). Everything in paramatric setup I set not to make any colisions between vias which I move (shorting pins and probe feed), but when I start the parametric analysis Designer seems to remember default values of the project saying that vias are overlapping when one of the shorting pins is near the default feed position. In the same time feed, by local variable, is set to be in another position, when doing analysis. It seems strange for me, but maybe someone has got the solution. Maybe instead of local variable use "parameter". BTW.. Can someone explain me what is the difference between "local variable" and "parameter default"?

Thanks in advance,
Redi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back