Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optical Transmission System Design???

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiconductor

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm joining a group called optical system.
they are preparing to design and deploy a miniature optical transmission system. basic characteristics is described as follow:
- We have a microphone, we speak to this microphone.
- It records my voice and then, it transmit this voice over a optical fibre (around of 10m in length).
- At the other end, this sound is then buffered and processed to re-contruct my voice and "display" it through a speaker.

For the first phase. We need to design the overall block system.
I'm not an experienced engineer in this field. I'm wondering:
- Is there any module to convert signal from electrical form to optical form and vice versa?
- Must we modulate and demodulate this voice signal? If yes, we modulate them in the electrical form or optical form?

This model is just to designed and deployed in order to equip a laboratory of a vocational school for optical network education. I really need your help and I appriciate everyone of you.

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back