Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operational amplifier in VerilogA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tõnn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy,

I have to use vdd and gnd to limit the output voltage of operational amplifier. I need to do that in VerilogA. I found some example how to do it in specific value but I do not understand how can I use vdd and gnd for that. Example is in **broken link removed**.

in the code vout_max is actually Vdd - gnd and vout_min is Vss-gnd where Vdd=10V and Vss=-10V
hope this helps

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I have similar problem. As Im newbie maybe somone could give good hints for solving the problem.

So, Im also trying to make simple OpAmp in Verilog-A, which would have output limitations (eg. from Vss to Vdd). In other words even when the output of my opamp is higer or lower, it still wouldnt exceed my max. /min. limitations.

Firstly, I have tried example provided by Tõnn in his first post, but my simulator does not like it. No compile errors, but still it doesnt work in the way it should.

Secondly, I solved the problem in the way showed below. The problem is it works when there is few components in schematic, but using lots of them the simulator gets slower and slower. Probably again convergence issue as there are still "sharp edges" and the function isnt continous enough.

Code:
module dif_amp(out,ref,inp,inm) ;
electrical out,ref,inp,inm ;
parameter real GAIN_V=10000 ;
parameter real Vmax=5 ;
parameter Vmin=-5 ;

analog begin

if (V(out,ref) > Vmax) V(out,ref) <+ Vmax+0.0001*V(inp,inm) ;
else
if (V(out,ref) < Vmin) V(out,ref) <+ Vmin+0.0001*V(inp,inm) ;
else
V(out,ref) <+ GAIN_V*V(inp,inm) ;