Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operation point calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzg6sa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have noticed, that the operating point is calculated as many times as many analysis need it. For example if one run a dc, an ac and a stb simulation, the operating point will be calculated 3 times. Sometimes the calculations take a while. How can I force the Simulator to use the result of the dc simulation?

I have checked the prevopppoint radio box in the options of AC and STB analysis.
SPECTRE was used with Analog Design Enviroment from Cadence.

tzg6sa said:
I have noticed, that the operating point is calculated as many times as many analysis need it. For example if one run a dc, an ac and a stb simulation, the operating point will be calculated 3 times. ........

An operating point is one specific point within the dc analysis.
Thus, it is NOT calculated in advance because it makes no sense.

LvW said:
Thus, it is NOT calculated in advance because it makes no sense.
It is. That's why I have asked the question.
LvW said:
An operating point is one specific point within the dc analysis.
Right.

The OP was calculated many times, since the dc analysis has run last and thus the OP was not present when the other analysis have run.

Solution:
Set the simulation order in Setup->Enviroment->Analysis Order field. The DC analysis should be the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back