Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operating dsPIC with CCS compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

djolestojic

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have the problem concerning running dsPIC microcontroller with CCS PCHWD compiler. Namely, I cannot make it run with the maximum speed, by issuing the appropritate PLL command (FUSE).

I, also, tried with #USE delay command but the end result was always the same: the microcontroller operated with 2.5 MHz clock.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Simply apply correct #fuse and oscillator configuration. You may want to consult the Microchip datasheet to understand the necessary settings.

Actually, I think that I have set #FUSE command correctly, according to the chip datasheet.

Also, I have repeated the oscillator setting by issuing the #USE delay command, and checked the setting by viewing the fuses set by the flash programmer. Everything looked by the book, and still it did not work properly.

I thought that the problem was in the compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.