Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OPCode .hex file structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteo Martinelli

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm trying to write a .hex file on a dspic 30f5013 using a flashing program created on my own , this is a line of the file:

:10021000050007000c000700e204020000000000d7

I studied the structure of hex files but I still have a question for you. I underlined the first,second,third and fourth opcodes.
Why after the first opcode (050007) there are two zeros, and then another opcode?
I need to write 050007 in the memory of the pic (only the opcodes) or also the zeros?

thanks

As far as I know, the bytes in a hex file are a direct copy of the bytes to be programmed to the device. I would guess here it is represented as 'rounded up' to a particular instruction length for purposes of keeping the programming hardware happy.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back