Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] OPC server to Communicate between PLC and Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junaid Ahmad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All I need is, I am working on a project. Where i need to get voltages, frequency and power factor from an energy meter and send it to another location using GSM and PLC. I need an OPC server that take data from energy meter (which is designed by using PIC 16F877A) and to communicate with PLC. I am not getting sense of it. kindly provide me a better solution :) . i am getting data from meter through SQL VB6.

There are simple fieldbus protocols, e.g. MODBUS, more complex fieldbus protocols like PROFIBUS - and there is OPC. It was originally designed by porting a specific communication method from X86 based Windows (remote procedure call) to the automation world. Later some of the implementation problems on non-Windows based systems have been gradually reduced by supplementing a XML based version.
I am not getting sense of it.
Me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.