Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opamp that can output100mA at 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

asp87

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can someone suggest Opamps that can provide 100mA continuously at 5 volt or more? Slew rate is not a concern.

Please specify output voltage range and supply voltage. Some high current OPs can do, but a standard OP with transistor current booster is often better.

Reactions: asp87

asp87

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Opamp that can output 100mA

Hi,

I made a mistake in calculating the required output voltage. Pardon my carelessness.

I'm designing a circuit that can operate in constant power as well as constant current mode.
Its output voltage range is 6 V @ 50mA to 8.4V @ 33mA, with flexibility to provide supply voltage ranging from -10V to 15V.

The power dissipation is beyond the reasonable range for a standard SO or DIL package if you want a solution without external transistor. Most major manufacturers have some types, like TI OPA551 or 547. Or use a standard OP with transistor voltage follower.

Status
Not open for further replies.