Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opamp parameter that is important when driving load of 600 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what would be the parameter i have to look in to in choosing opamp to drive load of 600 ohm or any mic, without loading audio signal. Thanks in advance

Re: op parameter

danesh said:
what would be the parameter i have to look in to in choosing opamp to drive load of 600 ohm or any mic, without loading audio signal. Thanks in advance

Look for Max. output POWER of the opamp.

you may choose half-bridge or full-bridge structure to try it

op parameter

Buffer stage is needed,and P.E.Allen explain this in details.

Regards!

danesh,
You often have to "work the problem in reverse". Typically, Op Amp current drive capability is specified indirectly, e.g., guaranteed output with a 2K load = +/- 10V. From this you can conclude that the Op-Amp is capable of supplying 5 mA of current. With a 600 Ohm load, this fictitious Op Amp could provide 3V Peak = 2.121Vrms.
I'm confused about the phrase "or any mic". Why do you want to drive a microphone?
Regards,
Kral

yes i need to drive a mic at 2.2k impedance at 1kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.