Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opamp in the cyclic adc

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.jafari

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I designed an Opamp with Hspice software but when I want to use it in the pipeline ADC in MDAC circuit it doesn't work.
Does anybody can help me?

Things that might affect operation in one or the other simulator.

* Does the op amp need to have a visible power supply hooked up? Or is the power supply understood to be present?

* Are you required to specify a particular range of output? From 0V to positive supply rail? Or negative rail to positive rail?

* Are you required to specify an output impedance?

I'm sorry I don't understand you. could you say clearly?
Thanks.
Best wishes
A.Jafari

Example diagrams to show how one simulator creates an op amp and its specs.

A different simulator might have a different format. Or a different naming system.

These could be reasons why your op amp works in one simulator but not in the other.

Hi.Thank you for your reply.
my problem doesn't relate to simulation software.
I said when i implemented my Opamp in the MDAC circuits my ADC doesn't work?
My question is that what is critical factor to design an Opamp and use it in the pipeline ADC or cyclic ADC?
My ADC type is cyclic with 20 MS/s in sampling rate and 12 bit in the resolution.

Can you please post the MDAC structure you are using ???

This is my Mdac Structure. Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.