Not open for further replies.

sykab

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm designing an opamp with a differential pair. I added a second stage (common-souce amplifier) and I'm thinking that I need a third stege (source-follower).
The problem his that I have no idea how to dimension the third stage. I know that it should have a low output resistance (but between which values?).
When I test if the opamp output follows the input changes (doing a vin sweep), I realise that the Resistance Voltage can follow the input sweep just when Vi is between 0 and 0,200 V. Then it (VR) keeps its value in 0,2 V.
Outside the opamp I have some elements, as you can see in the image.

Can anyonde help me?
Should the problem be outside or inside the opamp?

I think it should be the linearity of the OPAMP inside.
Or the linearity of the outside MOS.

sykab

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
can you please explain what exactly are you trying to do?

The image you have shown is somtihing like a precision current sink... where ur output current is given by Vin/R1.

am I getting it right?

sykab

this a LDO structure

sykab

ashish_chauhan said:
can you please explain what exactly are you trying to do?

The image you have shown is somtihing like a precision current sink... where ur output current is given by Vin/R1.

am I getting it right?

yes, I'm trying to do a current source.
I think that I have solved the problem. I'm using, in the third stage, a source follower, as you can see in the image. I don't know if I have done it right, but it works. I used a PMOS (M1) and a NMOS(M2) to do it. Is it right?

explain detailly.

sykab

Status
Not open for further replies.