Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op. amplifier practical gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAOAA

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using LT1037, I used Rf1=200K, Rf2=100 as feedback resistors which equals to 2000 gain, but what I am getting is only 600!!
could someone give me an explanation for this?

Thanks

Gain of 2000 can be easily achieved with the said resistors, you're obviously doing somthing wrong. More information needed.

Gain of 2000 is about 66dB, which does not really seem to
challenge most decent op amps' AVOL.

But that much gain could easily rail the amplifier, only need
7.5mV input difference to make 15V at the output under
that gain setting. Might look to see whether the output
is clipping.

Assuming a maximum open-loop gain of 106 dB and a first pole at 10Hz a closed-loop gain of 66 dB is possible up to several hundreds Hz only.
EDIT (because of the next post from FvM): The foregoing statement assumes a unity-gain compensated opamp.

Last edited:

Assuming a maximum open-loop gain of 106 dB and a first pole at 10Hz a closed-loop gain of 66 dB is possible up to several hundreds Hz only.
With decompensated LT1037, the bandwidth is > 10 kHz.

Reactions: AAOAA

AAOAA

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What is the frequency of the signal?

Post your circuit diagram.

Thank you guys, I think this is the answer I have a gain around 50dB at 100kHz (I am still beginner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back