Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op-amp model that react to changes in temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snee

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
temperature effect on an op-amp

Does anyone can give me advise on op-amp model that able to react according to changes in temperature in any software?
Is it all op-amp available in software cannot react to changes in temperature?
I've tried with PSpice and MultiSim.

If i use transistor level to built my op-amp, will it react to temperature changes?

Thanks...

op amp models

Typically OP amp models are functional ones, e. g. using a differential input stage and analog behaviour blocks for the rest, mainly to limit the node amount and speed up simulation. Tranistor models are temperature dependant to some extent, e. g, BJT have a systematic Vbe and gm temperature coefficient. Other parameters are not temperature dependant by default.

Default modelling of temperature effects would require the existence of a systematic dependency, but many temperature effects are rather accidental, e. g. offset voltage coefficients.

Sometimes, manufacturers are providing special models for Monte Carlo simulation of parameter variation, they typically also assume a maximal temperature dependency for some parameters.

Generally, a simulation model should not be expected to represent the complete behaviour of the real part. The primary source of specified data is the datasheet. It's unlikely (but possible anyway) that a model contains data missing in the datasheet.

If you want to model certain parameter variations, that are important for your application circuit, you should extend the model respectively or add external elements representing this behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back