Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op-Amp buffer output impedance check/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

juz_ad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm hoping someone can take a quick look at this and double-check my assumptions.

Standard op-amp buffer as output. Input is from 'in-circuit', output is to the outside world.

Is the impedance of the jack output still 1K even though there is an LED driver also hanging off the same op-amp output?

Any real reason why not to do this under 'normal' use?

<Edit 1> Input signals are 0V or +10V only - it's an output for a logic device. No negative or AC signals.

Thanks!

J

Last edited:

Even if you assume worse case that the base of the bjt is at ac ground, that would still leave you with a 1k in parallel with a 100k, so yea it should still be approx 1k. if this was an analog signal id say yes there is a reason, noise. but for digital not really, except the extra current from the led circuit. only other reasons i can think of not to do this for reg operation would be costs and space savings.
-Pb

Status
Not open for further replies.