Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Online PCB assembly cost estimator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draycote

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have you ever got a short way into designing your new circuit, and then wondered how much it might cost to make the things? I know I have, and I am constantly wondering about the design decisions, such as whether that the cheap thru-hole resistor will actually cost more to assemble than the alternative (more expensive) big SMT item - for example.

Now I'm on the other side of the fence and working for an electronics assembly company, I have put together an online PCB assembly estimator tool that helps to answer these questions. Admittedly it's probably only remotely accurate if you are having your PCBs built by us, and that will probably only make sense if you are in the UK.

So for the benefit of UK electronics design engineers, and anyone else who is interested...

**broken link removed**

And if you've got any feedback or thoughts after using it, please feel free to IM me.

Thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back