Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On wafer calibration using TRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria fernanda

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm designing a microwave switch and I'm using CPW to connect it to RF Probes. I mean, I added pads to connect the switch which is smaller than pads dimensions to Probe tips (GSG) because I am using a Probe station. The substrates used are GaAs and silicon. I wish to know if the TRL calibration standard placed on wafers (in order to remove pads effects and carry out calibration with these standards), remove PADS effect, and PROBE ERRORS and VNA error? Or it is necessary carry out another calibration? i.e, ISS?.

What is the correct process to eliminate PROBE,VNA,CABLES and PADS erros?.

Another question!

It is necessary to use de-embedding for removing pads effects or TRL calibration standards remove it.

I hope somebody could help me! :)

Thanks so much..

Maria Fernanda

TRL can be used on wafer but the line lengths may become too long at low frequencies. There are other methods such as LRM and SOLT.

I would suggest buying WinCal since it has LRM and multi-line TRL built in. Most VNAs do not have these algorithms so you need external software. They also sell calibration substrates which will get you calibrated to the probe tips.

https://www.cmicro.com/go/WinCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back