Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On-board Distributed Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanurbe

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings All,

Hope this post finds everyone well. So here is my question:

I've designed a 3kW full-bridge soft-switched (fs =20kHz) using two monolithic high-voltage IC’s for the gate drivers (please see attached datasheet View attachment Half-Bridage Gate Driver IC - FA_FAN7392.pdf). This is my first design of something this practical so up till now I've invested all my effort on the design of the power stage and gate-drivers; accordingly, at the moment I’m using 3 separate power supplies in my set-up: 1) one for my Vdd , 2) one for Vcc, one for my DC-link. For my DC-link power I’m using a simple rectifier and LC filter, for my Vdd and Vss I’m using separate isolated SMPS’s. Now that I have things on the power stage working I’d like to refine things a bit. That being said, I’d like to have on-board power for Vdd and Vss. What would be the simplest and/or best approach to achieving my desired goal?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bryan

Now that I have things on the power stage working I’d like to refine things a bit. That being said, I’d like to have on-board power for Vdd and Vss. What would be the simplest and/or best approach to achieving my desired goal?

Hi Bryan
it is simple ! try to use an auxiliary winding and then a supply with low power handling for transient time after transient time the auxiliary wind will supply it .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.