Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old LI battery, can I use it in elec projects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo90

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, as everybody I have couple of old LI batteries, I wonder how to give them a new life in my electronics projects.
Those batteries have 3/4 pins, I googled for datasheet of them but no luck ;( How to detect which pi is what and most importantly how to charge it ?
If battery has 3.7 V output can I just apply 3+ volts on right pins to charge it ?
Thanks for help.

Hello, as everybody I have couple of old LI batteries, I wonder how to give them a new life in my electronics projects.
Those batteries have 3/4 pins, I googled for datasheet of them but no luck ;( How to detect which pi is what and most importantly how to charge it ?
If battery has 3.7 V output can I just apply 3+ volts on right pins to charge it ?
Thanks for help.

No sorry you cannot…….
The 'other' pins usually relate to a safety circuit used to monitor the battery charge and temperature, inside the battery pack will be a small PCB with the additional components to handle these functions.

Check out RC ( radio-control) forums and hang outs, those guys have a wealth of information on battery packs and charge circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back