Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odd Order of Hilbert Transform Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xie.qiang

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a baseband signal 0Hz~48KHz, and sampling rate is Fs = 1.536MHz, I need to mix this base signal to IF, which is about 384KHz, but when doing mix, I do not want the Double-Side-Band (DSB) signal but Single-Band-Signal (SSB), so I will considering design a Hilbert transform to mix my base band signal to IF. Since there are two types of Hilbert FIR, even order with integer group delay and odd order with non-integer group delay,
even order Hilbert have non-flatness at high frequency band, but odd order have.
So, what I am trying is using the flatness of Hilbert response of high frequency band, and I am doing the following step:
Step(1): mix my base baseband signal to high-frequency, near Fs/2 by a carry frequency of Fs/2, then all my baseband signal become to high-frequency signal.
Step(2): Applying the odder order Hilbert FIR to my signal, then I get delay path xd and Hilbert path output xh with a difference of 0.5 non-integer delay, which is:
|---Delay---xd(n)---->
x(n)---|
|---HT-FIR--xh(n)---->

Step(3): (also become my big problem!!!!!!!!).
Interpolate the xd(n) and xh(n) to xd2(n) and xh2(n), one path shift one more sample unit.
After doing this, I can get my Hilbert transform for the x(n), but at this time, the spectrum shifts, and introduce one more un-desirable spectrum, and it is very hard to filter (because of the double side spectrum is so close, equal to zero!!!)..

What I am asking now is there any way that I do not use a x2 interpolation to get the non integer delay, then I can escape those problems? Or Is there any ways to translate a baseband signal to bandpass signal as well as convert the bandpass signal to SSB rather than DSB???

Status
Not open for further replies.